Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Edgy Bridesmaid Necklaces

Music: Chicago by Sufjan Stevens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1PUqZyeuAk)

There's something eternally beautiful about a gemstone created by the earth and left raw.  When I was young, I had a rock collection that has evolved over the years into this:


I love these geode slices because they're a peek into a tiny little world.  They seem magical to me, like a fairy's home.  I love how they are glammed up with the high-shine gold plating, taking them from an underground cave to a designer's showcase.  Like Mumford and Sons getting dolled up for the Grammys.  


 I made this particular set for a chick as a special order on Etsy.  I hope she loves them, because it was very sad putting them in the mail!  This is the curse of my art - I get too attached.  And these delicious little nuggets are easy to get attached to.

Check out my other pieces here: Landon Lacey on Etsy



No comments: